HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

Misfortune (Fortune Ladies)

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
YukiAkuma
Ra Yellow Duelist

PostSubject: Misfortune (Fortune Ladies)   Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:46 pm

I was pondering what deck I wanted to mainly use, and I kept making them up but none of them were quite what I was looking for. I was more of a control lockdown sort of person, that's what I played when I was little and first got into Yu-Gi-Oh, but since Thousand-Eyes is banned I was kind of out of options. Then I stumbled upon an archetype called Fortune Ladies and I really liked their playstyle. You always have the card advantage and have many ways of locking down your opponent. So here's my variation (The extra deck is optional, except 1 stardust dragon) And please show some respect for me and don't claim this deck as your own if you want to use it.

Monsters -
Fortune Lady Light x3
Fortune Lady Dark x3
Fortune Lady Water x3
Fortune Lady Fire x2
Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning x1
Kinka-Byo x1
Rai-Mei x1
Maxx "C" x1
Battle Fader x2
Gorz, Emissary of Darkness x1

Spells -
Fortune's Future x3
Future Visions x3
Magical Dimension x2
Monster Reborn x1
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Terraforming x1
Wonder Wand x3

Traps -
Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Compulsory Evacuation Device x3
Mirror Force x1
Torrential Tribute x1

Side -
D.D. Crow x2
Fortune Lady Fire x1
Fortune Lady Earth x1
Earthbound Immortal Aslla Piscu x1
Tragoedia x1
Dark Hole x1
Heavy Storm x1
Mystical Space Typhoon x1
Secret Village of the Spellcasters x1
Debunk x2
Return from the Different Dimension x1
Skull Lair x1
Starlight Road x1

Extra -
Stardust Dragon x1
Daigusto Emeral x1
Gachi Gachi Gantetsu x1
Gem-knight Pearl x1
Inzecter Exabeetle x1
Kachi Kochi Dragon x1
Lavalval Chain x1
Leviair the sea dragon x1
Magi Magi Magician Girl x1
Shock Ruler x1
Leviathan Dragon x1
Utopia x1
Volcanosauras x1
Steelswarm Roach x1
Wind-Up Zenmaines x1

Last edited by YukiAkuma on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LaMaster
Obelisk Blue Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Misfortune (Fortune Ladies)   Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:24 pm

Staple extra deck monsters:

Stardust Dragon

Scrap Dragon

Black Rose Dragon

Ally of Justice Catastor

Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

Wind-up Zenmaines (one or two)

Leviair the Sea Dragon

Leviathan Dragon (optional, meh. I don't really like this card now that we have zenmaines)

I could be missing one or two, but these are staples for me. I was never really drawn to Fortune Ladys, so I have 0 experience with them, aside from when I duel them. Never lost a match to them, either, but that could always be the fault of the duelists. Smile I hope this helps.

Ra Yellow Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Misfortune (Fortune Ladies)   Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:36 pm

LaMaster wrote:
Staple extra deck monsters:

Stardust Dragon

Scrap Dragon

Black Rose Dragon

Ally of Justice Catastor

Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

Wind-up Zenmaines (one or two)

Leviair the Sea Dragon

Leviathan Dragon (optional, meh. I don't really like this card now that we have zenmaines)

I could be missing one or two, but these are staples for me. I was never really drawn to Fortune Ladys, so I have 0 experience with them, aside from when I duel them. Never lost a match to them, either, but that could always be the fault of the duelists. Smile I hope this helps.

And how do you expect to get all those synchros without tuners?

PostSubject: Re: Misfortune (Fortune Ladies)   Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:46 pm

I still like Leviathan Dragon myself. But otherwise, I like it. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Misfortune (Fortune Ladies)   Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:22 am

Thanks hehe, I'll re-edit it with my extra so people stop pestering me about it though xD.

PostSubject: Re: Misfortune (Fortune Ladies)   Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:23 am

Hmm.. Like I said, completely ignorant to the Fortune Ladies. ^^ Got them mixed up with Psychics. My bad. Smile

Obelisk Blue Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Misfortune (Fortune Ladies)   Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:33 am

Nice, I like the idea Smile
I did have a Fortune Lady Deck a couple of months ago and found some very interesting cards that you may find helpful, such as One for One - I'd use it over Rai-Mei as they essentially do the same thing. I do have a few other ideas that you could think about:

The only thing I would question are the 3 Future Visions + 1 Terraforming, I personally feel that Future Visions is a good card, but as you face more competitive decks they rarely normal summon, it's also provides an incredibly bad match up against Plant Synchro who can abuse Future Visions with Reborn Tengu, every other card is practically by special summon (Bulb, Spore, Dandy Tokens etc.) I can understand that Maxx "C" is meant to combat this but @ 1 he's just not effective enough. Which leads me onto an alternate build idea?

Instead of Future Vision's I'd contemplate using Dimensional Fissure, which would also combo quite well with Fortune's Future. By using Dimensional Fissure it would also minimise the threat of Dark World, Plant Synchro and Agent Decks actually being effective against you. It also stops Maxx "C" from being effective against you, as well as Effect Veiler and D.D. Crow. Which in turn means Piper Chaos is significantly less effective as half their cards can no longer be played. This does mean you would also have to take out the Maxx "C" and Kinka-Byo.

The single copy of Terraforming is a dead card at the moment, which makes me think have you considered using Sangan and Tour guide? Sangan could search out another Tour Guide, and allow you to efficiently XYZ summon Zenmaines and Leviair, both are incredibly useful card and can provide an out to most threats. Another advantage of Tour Guide is it will simply bait out any monster negation such as Solemn Warning, in turn protecting your BLS when you try to summon him.

Your Trap line up is almost perfect for this deck, but can I ask why 2 Bottomless and no Solemn Warning? Warning is the better card, usually paying 2000lp is not a problem in preventing a game winning summon (Eg. Evolzar Laggia or Trishula).

How have the 3 Compulsory Evac. Device been testing? Do you often draw multiples? I'd consider dropping a single copy, as @ 3 it seems a bit overkill, even with the Fortune Lady Light abuse. But more importantly it would allow you to switch from a single chainable trap card to using enemy controller/book of moon and other chainable spells - who in this format are beginning to create severe disruption in plays. I think a card you should consider running is Book of Moon, it's limited to 1 for a reason, it would also open up different plays for the deck and a little bit more control over the opponent.

Anyway sorry for the massive post, just trying to give you a few more ideas, but more importantly I need to go find my Fortune Lady's again XD

Back to top Go down
YukiAkuma
Ra Yellow Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Misfortune (Fortune Ladies)   Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:44 am

Mugen Daas wrote:
Nice, I like the idea Smile
I did have a Fortune Lady Deck a couple of months ago and found some very interesting cards that you may find helpful, such as One for One - I'd use it over Rai-Mei as they essentially do the same thing. I do have a few other ideas that you could think about:

The only thing I would question are the 3 Future Visions + 1 Terraforming, I personally feel that Future Visions is a good card, but as you face more competitive decks they rarely normal summon, it's also provides an incredibly bad match up against Plant Synchro who can abuse Future Visions with Reborn Tengu, every other card is practically by special summon (Bulb, Spore, Dandy Tokens etc.) I can understand that Maxx "C" is meant to combat this but @ 1 he's just not effective enough. Which leads me onto an alternate build idea?

Instead of Future Vision's I'd contemplate using Dimensional Fissure, which would also combo quite well with Fortune's Future. By using Dimensional Fissure it would also minimise the threat of Dark World, Plant Synchro and Agent Decks actually being effective against you. It also stops Maxx "C" from being effective against you, as well as Effect Veiler and D.D. Crow. Which in turn means Piper Chaos is significantly less effective as half their cards can no longer be played. This does mean you would also have to take out the Maxx "C" and Kinka-Byo.

The single copy of Terraforming is a dead card at the moment, which makes me think have you considered using Sangan and Tour guide? Sangan could search out another Tour Guide, and allow you to efficiently XYZ summon Zenmaines and Leviair, both are incredibly useful card and can provide an out to most threats. Another advantage of Tour Guide is it will simply bait out any monster negation such as Solemn Warning, in turn protecting your BLS when you try to summon him.

Your Trap line up is almost perfect for this deck, but can I ask why 2 Bottomless and no Solemn Warning? Warning is the better card, usually paying 2000lp is not a problem in preventing a game winning summon (Eg. Evolzar Laggia or Trishula).

How have the 3 Compulsory Evac. Device been testing? Do you often draw multiples? I'd consider dropping a single copy, as @ 3 it seems a bit overkill, even with the Fortune Lady Light abuse. But more importantly it would allow you to switch from a single chainable trap card to using enemy controller/book of moon and other chainable spells - who in this format are beginning to create severe disruption in plays. I think a card you should consider running is Book of Moon, it's limited to 1 for a reason, it would also open up different plays for the deck and a little bit more control over the opponent.

Anyway sorry for the massive post, just trying to give you a few more ideas, but more importantly I need to go find my Fortune Lady's again XD

Compulse - Well I use it very... craftily. If they Dark Hole, I can compulse back to my hand, if they summon a big monster, I can compulse it back. If I summon light, I can compulse her and summon any lady I want.

I use 3 Visions + a Terraforming for a reason of course. Most decks do not normal summon, you are right. But, a lot of their set ups require a normal summon to special summon (IE Tour Guide) As well as being able to use a normal summon of my own, Fortune Future and draw 2, then use dark to revive the lady I sent to the grave. It just plain hurts people. I also put in the Terraforming because in my side, I have secret village, so I would switch out 1 visions for the secret village and keep the terraforming. Also, I prefer Future Visions over D Fissure because despite my opponent's stuff coming back the next turn, usually when I use Kinka-Byo, it brings back light, and since Kinka-Byo becomes banished, Light returns to the grave and her effect goes off, since Kinka isn't there during the end phase, being able to recycle Kinka-Byo if need be.

I prefer Bottomless because of cards like Grapha that can keep coming back otherwise. Solemn is very risky, because they could chain to negate it on top of your negate, you would still lose life over it for no effect.

As for One for One, you have to discard which can be good or bad. Whereas Rai-Mei is, at minimum, a meat shield.

I also use BLS for bait half of the time, because I know my enemies are going to try to prevent him from going out, and that's when I explode combos. Fortune's Future can bring back both banished monsters if they are ladies, which they usually are, then I draw 4 and I just work them over using Lady Dark's stacking effect during battle phase. If 1 monster dies, I can revive 3 ladies from my grave, which tend to have at least 1 water, which means I draw 2 more. This entire deck is based on drawing a ton and just plain controlling the entire match through cards. I do appreciate suggestions though and I will put them into consideration.

And if you want to use this deck, feel free. But if you do any modifications contact me so I can write it down, that way I can know if they did better or not HAHA

PostSubject: Re: Misfortune (Fortune Ladies)   Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:41 pm

Not bad

Image hosted by servimg.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/groups/175644219208714/
YukiAkuma
Ra Yellow Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Misfortune (Fortune Ladies)   Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:19 pm

Yeah I probably should have tested with this deck instead of my experimental hybrid one, but ah well rank doesn't concern me much.

PostSubject: Re: Misfortune (Fortune Ladies)   Today at 10:51 pm

Back to top Go down

Misfortune (Fortune Ladies)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1