HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

T.G. Swap, my favorite homebrew.

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
SkippingCargo25
Obelisk Blue Duelist

PostSubject: T.G. Swap, my favorite homebrew.   Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:56 pm

The following is a T.G. deck to which I have piloted to my top 10,000 rank on DN. although that may not sound too impressive to some of our veterans, I was rather proud of myself and I attribute my success to this deck to which one of Chancellors, Kalin, has attributed the name "Mr. Solemn" to me. Overall, when people see a few of my card choices are quick to note my deck as Anti-Meta, but I assure you, these picks will be noted and I will explain why I use them for reasons besides Anti-Meta. This deck likes to make big plays with synchros, but unlike Synchro Summon which I personally don't like because I believe its power fades over the course of a duel, I set the tempo of the duel, in such a way as I don't fade out and maintain power throughout a duel, paving the way to victory. I also, when synchroing just won't work, or I can't due to cards such as Dark Highlander, I can make a comeback with rather impressive (ab)use of Creature Swap and TG1-EM1, stealing big, game changing monsters, and mounting a comeback. For instance, once, playing Jurrac Rabbit, I was getting pounded a bit by a Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier and a few XYZ's summoned by clever abuse of Rescue Rabbit with Leviair. I played TG1-EM1 on my turn, stole Brionac and gifted him T.G. Cyber Magican, probably my
favorite 0 Attack monster card. I discared my hand, bounced several XYZ's then attacked for 2300 damage by running Brio into the Cyber Magician. Then, to add insult to injury, because of Cyber Magician, I could search my deck for another T.G., adding strength to my already rediculous comeback. Alright, enough of my blabber, here the first part of the deck:

T.G. Rush Rhino x3
T.G. Cyber Magician x3
T.G. Striker x3
T.G. Warwolf x3

With Creature Swap and TG1-EM1 in our arsenal, this lineup is pretty self-explanatory. I don't think I really need to explain any of these choices.

Reborn Tengu x3
King Tiger Wanghu x3

Tengu adds to my already abundant Synchro-Based power, and helps me in the field presence/advantage department. I couldn't think of a reason to exclude him from this build. Wanghu is where people begin to cry, "Anti-Meta!", although, he is very effective against gadgets and other builds, I have him in here for another beater, in combo with a certain trap card...and to allow me to trigger T.G. abilities and fetch Rush Rhino for the beat down. Now, here is the spell line-up:

Heavy Storm x1
Dark Hole x1
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Reinforcement of the Army x1
Creature Swap x2
Monster Reborn x1
Pot of Avarice x1

Pretty basic spells, I only run 2 Creature Swaps because it isn't as flexible as TG1-EM1 can be, as I can select what monster I want to take control of. Now, for the traps:

Fiendish Chain x3
Horn of the Phantom Beast x3
Call of the Haunted x2
Solemn Warning x2
Solemn Judgement x1
Mirror Force x1

Again, nothing extraordinary, Horn provides for hand advantage and beatsticks. Fiendish Chain stops the Oh-So-Annoying Trishula and Mist Wurm, and anything else that could bother us. Mirror Force, and the Solemn-Trio are very standard in a trap lineup, and the Call of the Haunted helps if our Tengu is negated, or to bring back a tuner for a synch. Now for the Extra Deck, pretty standard in my opinion with some of my own tech:

Ally of Justice Catastor x2
T.G. Hyper Librarian x1
T.G. Power Gladiator x1
T.G. Wonder Magician x1
Stardust Dragon x2
Black Rose Dragon x1
Mist Wurm x1
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier x1
Scrap Dragon x1
Orient Dragon x1
Naturia Barkion x1
Colossal Fighter x1
Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier x1

As already stated, pretty standard, I can get all of these out quickly. Only thing abnormal is my two Catastors, but I get them out a lot so I like having the extra. Anyway, there is my deck, Happy Brewing to all!!

Back to top Go down
SkippingCargo25
Obelisk Blue Duelist

PostSubject: Re: T.G. Swap, my favorite homebrew.   Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:58 pm

I forgot my TG1-EM1 3x, good trap and very flexible.

Back to top Go down
Mugen Daas
Obelisk Blue Duelist

PostSubject: Re: T.G. Swap, my favorite homebrew.   Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:05 pm

Seems to me it's a very solid and consistent build, I can't really say to change much without some testing. But I definately think you should consider maining/siding 2 Skill Drain for difficult match ups such as tengu plant and chaos decks especially now after ycs kansas. Call of the Haunted whilst a good card is a bit unecessary in this deck, having said that if it's working for you don't change it. I'd maybe consider dropping 2 or maybe all of the Cyber magicians for Photon Sabre Tiger, particularly if you do main the Skill Drains. But nonetheless they are just ideas, I do think you need to be wary of Thunder King Rai-oh, so maining/siding Cyber Dragon and Chimeratech Fortress Dragon could be another idea. Chimeratech is for more experienced opponents who expect the standard Cyber Dragon siding for TKRO. Just wondering about the fiendish chains as well.... why not run Effect veiler and 2 Maxx "C"? I can see chain stops things outright, but most of the time if you drop a maxx c the best/experienced duelist know that it isn't worth going into trishula etc. Most often if maxx c is played against an obvious trishula you generally get a plus. In hand disruption has always been better than set traps. Maxx "C" and Veiler can also fuel Pot of Avarice. Anyway I hope some of this helps. I'm going to go playtest this irl, and after that i'll get back to you with some proper feedback.

Back to top Go down
Pox_Equestria
Obelisk Blue Duelist

PostSubject: Re: T.G. Swap, my favorite homebrew.   Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:50 am

-3 Fiendish Chain
+3 Maxx "C"

-1 RotA
-1 MST

+2 TG1-EM1

[8:11:09 PM ] Josh Cho:
A)Never had a Kingdom Hearts game
B)Never had a pokemon game
i am an unaccomplished asian

"Let me show you the dance of my people!"
[/color]
Back to top Go down
SkippingCargo25
Obelisk Blue Duelist

PostSubject: Re: T.G. Swap, my favorite homebrew.   Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:24 pm

I had the TG1 EM1. i forgot to write it, there is 3 in there, and im not good with Maxx C, or any hand eff for that matter lol. Thanks for the suggestion though

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T.G. Swap, my favorite homebrew.   Today at 3:49 am

Back to top Go down

T.G. Swap, my favorite homebrew.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1