HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

Prolific Hieroglyphics....

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Jay Yudoh
Slifer Red Duelist

PostSubject: Prolific Hieroglyphics....   Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:12 am

Hieroglyphics have potential to be up there with Laval,Fabled,Karakuri,etc. They mainly focus on tributing fellow Hyroglyphics from either the hand or the field for numerous effects, which then trigger the tributed monsters eff and then Special Summons "Hieroglyph Seal of the God Dragon" and eventually Ennead. Only setback is the deck I have is slow. Any suggestions on how to get Ennead out quicker?

[Monsters]
2 Hieroglyph Seal of the God Dragon
1 Debris Dragon
2 Dragorado
3 Hieroglyph Dragon - Aset Dragon
2 Hieroglyph Dragon - Dragon Geib
3 Hieroglyph Dragon - Nephthe Dragon
1 Hieroglyph Dragon - Shiyu Dragon
2 Hieroglyph Dragon - Tfeni Dragon
2 Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
1 Red-Eyes Wyvern

[Spells]
1 Dark Hole
1 Dragon's Mirror
1 Foolish Burial
1 Future Fusion
1 Heavy Storm
3 Hieroglyph Seal of Gathering
1 Monster Reborn
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Super Rejuvenation

[Trap]
3 Burst Breath
1 Mirror Force
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Solemn Warning
1 Torrential Tribute

Extra Deck

1 Five-Headed Dragon
1 Exploder Dragonwing
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Daigusto Emeral
2 Hieroglyph Dragon King - Atumus
3 Hieroglyph God Dragon - Ennead
1 Number 15: Gimmick Puppet - Giant Killer
1 Number 61: Volcasaurus
1 Sacred Ptolemys Messier 7
1 Thunder End Dragon
1 Tiras, Keeper of Genesis
1 Wind-Up Arsenal Zenmaioh

Side Deck

*Majestic Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Prolific Hieroglyphics....   Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:21 am

Solemn warning is a 2 or nothing card, cant play just one xD also hows burst breath been testing

Back to top Go down
Dragon Lord XD
Obelisk Blue Leader

PostSubject: Re: Prolific Hieroglyphics....   Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:22 am

i only ever use one solemn warning i hate using 2

PostSubject: Re: Prolific Hieroglyphics....   Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:23 am

Thanks for your input Joe.

Back to top Go down
Jay Yudoh
Slifer Red Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Prolific Hieroglyphics....   Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:48 am

Its been testing good! a tribute that more than not, destroys your opponent's monster then brings out Seal...i dropped one though. didnt think 3 was necessary

PostSubject: Re: Prolific Hieroglyphics....   Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:04 am

Sorry but this will be a massive post - dragons are kind of my thing.

An interesting build and I particularly like the ability to bring out F.G.D, I can understand your concern that the deck is slow. I think it'd be best to point out the deck is not meant to be fast, these cards haven't been released yet, and many players expect us to be heading into a control format come march 2012 when these cards are finally released in the ocg.

Another point i'd like to try and get across is that too many people are focusing on Ennead, I can see his destructive power but please do not make him your win condition - he is far from a game changing monster. in reality he is a 1 for 1 trade, that can sometimes produce a +1/2. He has no inbuilt protection and whilst being the same size as JD he is far inferior as a boss monster. Ennead has no natural protection against the top tier, a grapha discard here, or a smashing ground from a rabbit deck or even a hyperion hitting the field all spell doom for your invested Ennead.

The deck truly is a control deck, we are like it or not going to see the end of mass spamming come march - so build accordingly.

Solemn Warning should be @2. No if's no buts, you are a TCG player there is no better form of summon negation and opening with 2 usually gives you a significant advantage that no deck can overcome. OCG wise i'd main 2 bottomless over warning as there is no priority.

My only advice would be to max out on Geib - the card is amazing. It can net you +1's all over the place, at 1800 atk he isn't too big but using a few other tech's that i'll discuss later he is the true centre of the archetype.

Ok I said geib was broken and the truth is it's because of his wording - I can see you've already taken advantage of the other Hieroglyph dragons with burst breath. A nice little tech, but in my opinion it's a card that should be used at 1, and personally i'd remove it altogether.

The deck really should revolve around Geib plays, it makes the deck more control based and less prone to hand traps such as maxx "c" and effect veiler. To do so I'd use 2 or 3 enemy controller, it can change the position of your opponents monsters for geib to clear them and bring out a hieroglyph seal, or you can even trade off the seal with e-con for your opponents monster to xyz/synchro - something this deck really needs to become more versatile.

Another card to help Geib is a hand trap, something that cannot be predicted or removed as easily - and that is Honest. The entire archetype is light, so why not abuse Honest?

I can understand the reasons for debris being in the deck, as it allows for an easy trident dragon, a way to pull back the hieroglyph seal and as a lvl 4 allows for utopia/roach plays. It's a solid card, even allowing a way to bring back something to remove to special a red-eyes, but in all honesty the card is mainly aimed at ennead, something i highly disagree with - i can't think of anything that should replace this card but I expect in testing this card will show either way if it should stay in the deck or not.

With so much tributing I expect that Super Rejuvi should be @3, but again that is just a personal choice i would make - anyway I'm out of ideas at the moment i'll get back to you again if anyone actually read this essay thx. lol.

Back to top Go down
! Xyz Master !
Obelisk Blue Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Prolific Hieroglyphics....   Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:34 am

Mugen Daas wrote:
Sorry but this will be a massive post - dragons are kind of my thing.

An interesting build and I particularly like the ability to bring out F.G.D, I can understand your concern that the deck is slow. I think it'd be best to point out the deck is not meant to be fast, these cards haven't been released yet, and many players expect us to be heading into a control format come march 2012 when these cards are finally released in the ocg.

Another point i'd like to try and get across is that too many people are focusing on Ennead, I can see his destructive power but please do not make him your win condition - he is far from a game changing monster. in reality he is a 1 for 1 trade, that can sometimes produce a +1/2. He has no inbuilt protection and whilst being the same size as JD he is far inferior as a boss monster. Ennead has no natural protection against the top tier, a grapha discard here, or a smashing ground from a rabbit deck or even a hyperion hitting the field all spell doom for your invested Ennead.

The deck truly is a control deck, we are like it or not going to see the end of mass spamming come march - so build accordingly.

Solemn Warning should be @2. No if's no buts, you are a TCG player there is no better form of summon negation and opening with 2 usually gives you a significant advantage that no deck can overcome. OCG wise i'd main 2 bottomless over warning as there is no priority.

My only advice would be to max out on Geib - the card is amazing. It can net you +1's all over the place, at 1800 atk he isn't too big but using a few other tech's that i'll discuss later he is the true centre of the archetype.

Ok I said geib was broken and the truth is it's because of his wording - I can see you've already taken advantage of the other Hieroglyph dragons with burst breath. A nice little tech, but in my opinion it's a card that should be used at 1, and personally i'd remove it altogether.

The deck really should revolve around Geib plays, it makes the deck more control based and less prone to hand traps such as maxx "c" and effect veiler. To do so I'd use 2 or 3 enemy controller, it can change the position of your opponents monsters for geib to clear them and bring out a hieroglyph seal, or you can even trade off the seal with e-con for your opponents monster to xyz/synchro - something this deck really needs to become more versatile.

Another card to help Geib is a hand trap, something that cannot be predicted or removed as easily - and that is Honest. The entire archetype is light, so why not abuse Honest?

I can understand the reasons for debris being in the deck, as it allows for an easy trident dragon, a way to pull back the hieroglyph seal and as a lvl 4 allows for utopia/roach plays. It's a solid card, even allowing a way to bring back something to remove to special a red-eyes, but in all honesty the card is mainly aimed at ennead, something i highly disagree with - i can't think of anything that should replace this card but I expect in testing this card will show either way if it should stay in the deck or not.

With so much tributing I expect that Super Rejuvi should be @3, but again that is just a personal choice i would make - anyway I'm out of ideas at the moment i'll get back to you again if anyone actually read this essay thx. lol.

i completely agree with you lol

Back to top Go down
Jay Yudoh
Slifer Red Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Prolific Hieroglyphics....   Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:40 pm

true i agree with the lot of what you said...i was wondering since so many control cards coming if i could add some Counter Traps (Dark Bribes,Curse of royal,destruction jammer, black horn of heaven and The Huge Revoltion is over) and maybe add a Van'Dalgyon the Dark Dragon Lord to do damage, destroy a spell or trap, or even bring out Seal or any other monster necessary.

PostSubject: Re: Prolific Hieroglyphics....   Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:49 am

No, that would make the deck inconsistent, besides every counter trap you just mentioned is bad

Back to top Go down
AdriDuelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Prolific Hieroglyphics....   Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:23 pm

This is one of my first attempts for this deck, so it isn't really that good, but has been pretty fast for me at least the duels i've tried it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prolific Hieroglyphics....   

Back to top Go down

Prolific Hieroglyphics....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1